qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: A few clustering/failover questions
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 03:10:32 GMT

> Assume a cluster of two brokers, A and B
> 1) A dies
> 2) clients fail over to B
> 3) do something to recover A without interrupting clients of B
> 4) A and B are again interchangeable
>
> I've looked through the docs and haven't seen anything about this.  Apologies if I missed
it.  I also tried simply restarting A, which doesn't seem to work.

Sandy,

qpidd can support the hot joining of member back to the cluster. so step
3 is simply.

- rename or move the jrnl dir if you are running a durable store (if no
store skip this step)
- restart node A with the same cluster-name as node B.

It's that simple. What will happen is that the restarted node be will be
re-synced to the active state of node B, and you can continue on. the
clients will also be notified that
the cluster-membership changes (Java & C++), so even if node B is
brought back on a different IP address the client will know where to
fail-over to.

regards
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org