qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen" <regis...@inode.serveftp.com>
Subject Roundrobin failover
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 06:33:40 GMT
Hi,

I am testing failover Qpid Java Clients against C++ broker with roundrobin
method
I suspect the parameter cyclecount does not take any effect

There are 2 C++ broker BrokerA and BrokerB, and both are up initially
There is one client using the connection URL:
amqp://guest:guest@client01/development?brokerlist='tcp://brokera:5678?connecttimeout='2000';tcp://brokerb:5678?connecttimeout='2000'';failover='roundrobin';cyclecount='9999'

Steps are as follow:
Start Java client
>From netstat, the client connects BrokerA initially
Shutdown BrokerA
>From netstat, the client connects BrokerB, failover is ok
Start BrokerA again
Shutdown BrokerB
>From netstat, the client does not make connection to BrokerA
>From log:
141859.947 DEBUG FailoverPolicy All failover methods exhausted

I dun think 'all failover methods exhausted', as cyclecount is very big, it
should goes over again from first broker.

Hopefully I am illustrating clear enough

Regards,
Stephen Lau

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org