qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Gazzarini <a.gazzar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started with Qman console (was Re: Unable to install qpid on Linux)
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:31:53 GMT
Hi, QMan is not yet available as separated download (even the
http://qpid.apache.org/get-me-up-and-running.html page is telling that).
You can get it building directly from the trunk

Once you downloaded the source go under the qpid/java/management/client
directory then

> ant
> ant build-release-bin

After that, you should have under the current directory a new folder called
"release" where there is the tree depicted on the mentioned get started page
(to be honest, that image is a little bit old, as I remember at the moment
there is at least an additional "examples" folder )
This is a complete QMan distribution. you can :

- start it immediately (JMX or WSDM adapter)
- configure it (./etc folder) and then start.

Anyway, I wrote that page two months ago (in these days I'm updating the
documentation so I'll take care about that) so if you have troubles feel
absolutely free to contact me and I'll give you all support you'll need.

Regards,
Andrea