qpid-users mailing list archives

From "GS.Chandra N" <gs.chandra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory pile up on broker
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 06:34:21 GMT
>On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
>Returning to the original problem, when the test is in progress, how many
queues does 'list queue' show you? Are there any unexpected queues in that
list?

Gordon,

How do i check if this caching is because the broker / client is not able to
process the messages fast enough ? (check machine configs below)

Thanks for all the help.
gs

ps : Please find attached the scripts that create the issue

client - run a few instances of these from 1 box - I ran 7 of these - each
creates 3K subscriptions
 ./multiple-small-subc-client.py <qpid-machine-ip> 5672 &

broker - runs on a dedicated box
qpidd -d --port=5672  --mgmt-enable=yes  --mgmt-pub-interval=1 --auth=no
--log-source=yes --log-to-file=/tmp/somename

server - run this a few times (I ran 7 of these) on a 3rd box
./exchange_process.py <qpid-machine-ip> 5672 &

Machine configurations from /proc/cpuinfo

Broker - 2333 Mhz XEON Dual core with HT enabled (6MB cache per processor)
            8G mem + 16G swap
Server - same
Client - 3.20 Ghz XEON Single processor with HT + 1 MB cache per processor
           2Gig Memory + 4G swap