qpid-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "GS.Chandra N" <gs.chandra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory pile up on broker
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:14:50 GMT
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Ted Ross <tross@redhat.com> wrote:

>
> One thing that jumps out at me when looking at your qpid-tool output is the
> extremely high number of bindings on your queue and exchange (22K bindings
> on the exchange, 3K bindings on one queue).  This accounts for the high
> ratio of msgRoutes to msgReceives on the exchange.
>
> Is your test environment repeatedly creating bindings without cleaning them
> up?
>
> -Ted
>
>
I have a single server running on the default port on a single box and i
stop the server every time i run my tests (qpidd -q) and ensure all my
current client scripts throw an exception and come out before re-running the
tests.

The queues are created by appending them with a unqie id so they cant be the
same each time either.

As for the high subscription numbers - they are intended to be so. The
clients are designed to create 3K bindings and my tests are centered around
performance in the heavy subscription model.

Next up for me would be to increase the number of clients and distribute
these 22K bindings around all of those (500-600) and have the data flowing
to all those clients and see how the performance is. I did not get to that
stage before my tests where blocked due to the memory issue i have
reported.

Thanks
gs

ps : The CPU used to be a problem at 90% earlier during the tests as all the
22K subscriptions where totally dissimilar. But the CPU has gone to 75% once
i changed my tests such that only 3K of these are unique and rest all are
copies, which is fine by me coz my probable deployment mimcs the same
situation. I'm hoping the 75% cpu is due to the obviously buggy  wrongly
configured memory pile up.

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message