qpid-users mailing list archives

From "GS.Chandra N" <gs.chandra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory pile up on broker
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 03:39:56 GMT
>On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
>If they don't match any bindings they will be dropped by the exchange. If
the dropped count is staying the same as the routed count goes up, then the
messages are matching a subscription.

My subscription says  arguments={ "x-match":"all", "Type" = "Animal",
"Species" = "Alien"}.
My messages have Type="Animal" and couple of other headers but Species are
anything but Alien.

And about what you said, about subscriptions being dropped - thats scary.
How can subscriptions be dropped by the borker? How would it know if
sometime in the future, messages that match those subscriptions are not
going to start coming in?

>However it sounds like maybe there are queues that you don't expect to be
receiving messages that are bound to your exchange. Does 'list binding' show
anything up?

All those subscriptions are around even after the clients that have created
them have exitted and list bindings show that the statistic msgMatched shows
a big number against them

None of my clients recieve any messages (as i have a print in them to check
if they have recieved any) and the queues also show the msgDepth to be zero
at all times.

Thanks in advance
gs