qpid-users mailing list archives

From "GS.Chandra N" <gs.chandra...@gmail.com>
Subject Memory pile up on broker
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2009 05:42:12 GMT
Hi,

I'm stress testing the broker for evaluating the subscription routing
performance and i see that the memory on the server goes up really high. (1
gig RSS, almost same Virtual size).

However i'm not able to attribute the reason behind this pile up's. I cannot
see the pile up attributed to any queues or connections at the server.

I do not create any queues from the server process to send messages and
simply call the python api session.message_transfer to send my messages at a
rate of 3000 odd mesages per sec(500 bytes payload).

How do i figure out what is happening.

This is my test setups

1. A 2 CPU XEON server running the broker
2. Another server running MULTIPLE python scripts (same script / copies of
each other) that publish messages to the server
3. Another server that runs a few clients that creates a total of 20,000 odd
subscriptions at the broker. Only 3000 subscriptions amongst these are
unique rest are copies

The client subscriptions never match the messages sent in (to avoid
bandwidth choking) and therefore the queues created show 0 msges enqued.

Thanks
gs