qpid-users mailing list archives

From falconair <shahb...@gmail.com>
Subject how to programatically create thousands of topics (for marketdata)?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:48:46 GMT

I would like to publish market data through qpid.  Since I have massive amount of data flowing
through the pipes, I can't publish all that data to a single topic, since the client may only
be interested in one or two symbols.  The usual solution to use a hierarchical topic naming
scheme.  In other words, rather than publishing every thing to "level1," I want to split data
according to symbols "level1.msft," "level2.orcl," etc.    Clearly I can't have a pre-defined
list of topics in some properties file.  What is the best way of solving this?

I am using qpid m4 or MRG (C++ broker) with jms client api.

Thanks