qpid-users mailing list archives

From lroloson <lrolo...@trmi.com>
Subject RE: M4 C++ build on Redhat 5
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:37:56 GMT

Steve

I have not been able to find the boost-devel rpm, and the boost that yum
finds seems to be pretty down level.  What is the best way to get boost
installed with the headers?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Larry Roloson

From: Steve Huston (via Nabble)
[mailto:ml-user+168341-1583948052@n2.nabble.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:31 PM
To: lroloson
Subject: RE: M4 C++ build on Redhat 5

> I have read the INSTALL document contained in the
> qpid-cpp-m4.tar.gz file. I
> used yum to install ruby and boost, I have exported the path
> information per
> section 2.3. When I run configure I get the following error;
> ls: /src/qpidc-0.4/./../specs/amqp.0-10-qpid-errata.xml: No
> such file or directory
> checking for library containing dlopen... no
> checking for library containing clock_gettime... no
> checking for clock_gettime... no
> checking for clock_settime... no
> checking for valgrind... no
> checking for rpmlint... no
> checking for ruby... ruby
> checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... no
> checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... no
> checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... no
> configure: error: Missing required header files.
>
> I am not trying to build from the trunk, I am not sure why it
> is looking for the specs?

It's just checking for the presence of the specs to see if the code
should be generated or not - the message is a bit confusing, but you
can ignore it.

It's choking because it can't find boost/shared_ptr.hpp as an
indication that the boost headers are available.

> I have exported the CXXFLAGS, and the headers are
> there - but they are not being seen.

Did you install boost-devel in addition to boost? Boost-devel has the
header files the configure is looking for.

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org
Use/Interact: mailto:users-subscribe@...
<http://n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=2418024&i=0>