qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Measuring message rates
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:40:12 GMT
GS.Chandra N wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I 'm trying to setup a performance load testing framework for evaluating the
> subscription performance and I need to measure the load rates.
>
> The reason i need this is that i'm trying to bombard my broker from multiple
> sources and i need to measure the single effective rate of incoming messages
> at the broker end.
>
> The qpid-queue-stats tools gives me the enque rate, but i cannot use this
> because i'm not trying to enqueu everything i recieve onto other subscribers
> due to infrastructure bottle-necks. (maybe later but not right now).
>
> Is there any way i can get this rate from the broker? What other stats are
> available from the broker?
>
> Thanks
> gs

There are a tone of stats, I am note sure there is a broker wide load
number however, that would need to be aggregated
I would think. All the rate info for each connection or queue can be
retrieved via QMF and then it can aggregated.

Best would be to use qpid-tool to find the stat to aggregate and then
write a QMF client to pull those stats, connection can
give you in bytes.

qpid: show connection

Object of type org.apache.qpid.broker:connection: (last sample time:
14:20:32)
    Type       Element           110
    property   vhostRef          103
    property   address           127.0.0.1:60869
    property   incoming          True
    property   SystemConnection  False
    property   federationLink    False
    property   authIdentity      guest@QPID
    statistic  closing           False
    statistic  framesFromClient  61
    statistic  framesToClient    0
    statistic  bytesFromClient   3648
    statistic  bytesToClient     0
qpid:

An easier way would be to use the data off the exchanges, as their are
less of them to aggregate.

qpid: show exchange
Object of type org.apache.qpid.broker:exchange: (last sample time: 14:22:42)
    Type       Element            104     105              106
107        108         109

=====================================================================================================
    property   vhostRef           103     103              103
103        103         103
    property   name                       qpid.management  amq.direct
amq.topic  amq.fanout  amq.match
    property   type               direct  topic            direct
topic      fanout      headers
    property   durable            False   False            True
True       True        True
    property   arguments          {}      {}               {}
{}         {}          {}
    statistic  producerCount      0       0                0
0          0           0
    statistic  producerCountHigh  0       0                0
0          0           0
    statistic  producerCountLow   0       0                0
0          0           0
    statistic  bindingCount       2       2                1
0          0           0
    statistic  bindingCountHigh   2       2                1
0          0           0
    statistic  bindingCountLow    0       0                0
0          0           0
    statistic  msgReceives        0       108              39
0          0           0
    statistic  msgDrops           0       24               0
0          0           0
    statistic  msgRoutes          0       84               39
0          0           0
    statistic  byteReceives       0       15398            14254
0          0           0
    statistic  byteDrops          0       3390             0
0          0           0
    statistic  byteRoutes         0       12008            14254
0          0           0
qpid:

regards,
Carl.