qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [c++] boolean options for qpidd
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:41:40 GMT
Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> I don't have an preference for any particular syle (ie --no-data-dir
> vs --data-dir=false).
> But I do think that having a consistent pattern is more important.
>
> Do we have to worry about being backwards compatible at this point?
> Even our client API's are not .

I think we intend to make every effort to keep the APIs backward
compatible. There have indeed been changes that break this in the past,
but they are not undertaken likely. Now we are out the incubator I think
we will try even harder to avoid such changes.

I accept there is a minor inconsistency in the broker options. I don't
get the sense it's a big issue for most users though, and consequently
I'm not convinced there is enough justification for the change.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org