qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Newbie Question] Is QPID using AMQP between client and server?
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:54:31 GMT

In-line

Markus KARG wrote:
> Is QPID using AMQP between its client and server?

yes.

> Does that man that a QPID client can talk to any AMQP server, and any AMQP
> client can talk to a QPID server?

Depends on what version of AMQP. Client   & brokers need to support the
same AMQP version to be able
to talk.

Here is a page of details from the Qpid project

http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
http://qpid.apache.org/amqp-compatibility.html

bith have matrix's of what we support.  Qpid has the broadest version
support I know of.

Basically, C++ broker and all clients speak the latest published version
of AMQP 0-10
Java broker and a good set of clients speak AMQP 0-8/0-9

The Java broker should hopefully be able to speak AMQP 0-10 also by the
1 or 2 releases

regards
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org