qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ Broker and persistent store
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 22:32:25 GMT
Mark Moseley wrote:
> Hi. I've been playing with Qpid (qpidc-0.4 specifically). I've got it
> working (didn't like Debian Etch's boost for some reason). The one
> missing piece is a persistent store. I've been going through the docs
> and the mailing lists and all I can find is a post from mid-2008
> (which I'd paste if I could find it again) that says to do install
> Qpid frmo svn and to then do a svn checkout of the RHM store
> (http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/rhmessaging/store/trunk/cpp) and
> compile that against the Qpid that was built from svn. I tried futzing
> around with the RHM store to get it to configure correctly against the
> released 0.4 version I'd already built but no luck.
>
> Is building the RHM store still the recommended and/or only persistent
> store for the C++ Broker. I have a feeling I'm missing something
> obvious but haven't stumbled across it yet :)
yes, this store is uptodate... what is your issue.

basic build is
./bootstap
./configure --> with path to your qpid source tree
make
or make check.

Then throw the .so in the qpid module dir, or load it via --load-module
and go.

you may need to create base level store dir with permissions for qpidd
to write to... but that is about it?

if you do qpidd --load-module ../somepath/store.so --help   the store
options will appear.

what does not work for you?
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org