qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Sending message to specific client
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:56:44 GMT
chenta wrote:
> How do I send a message to a specific client or a group of client when all of
> the client subscribe to the same queue?
> I encounter this problem because  I do not want to create a queue for each
> client. I think it will be a huge overhead for broker when I have more than
> 15K clients. Am I correct?

Are those queues going to be durable?

If not having a per-client queue should be fine (even for 15k queues)
and is the arguably the 'right' pattern if you want to communicate
point-to-point.

> Because I am using C++ client so there is no JMS selector support. I don't
> think it will be implemented by add an exchange plug-in. Where should I
> start if I want to implement this feature?

I think the first task will be creating a parser and evaluator for the
selector syntax. Once thats done the filtering can be hooked in to
SemanticState::ConsumerImpl::filter in qpid/broker/SemanticState.cpp.

Feel free to ask more detailed questions on the dev list, your
contribution will be greatly valued!

Jira for this issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-530

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org