qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: About footprint size
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 20:22:23 GMT
chenta wrote:
> Thank you Carl.
>
> I think I shouldn't use "footprint" right here. What I need to know is if I
> install a c++ client on a computer, how many disk space do I need?
> I already build the c++ client library on my linux machine. And I have the
> following assumption: When using dynamice link at run time. We need
> libqpidclient.so and libqpidcommon.so which is about 26 MB large. And I
> think sslconnector.so is needed when using SSL connection. Am I correct?

yes, you can add and remove the .so's in the lib dir based on how you
want to strip it down

rdma, cluster, ssl, xml, etc can all be striped if you don't use the
feature to bring the disk size down

Min install in qpidd & common for broker  & client & common for client

regards
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org