qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Checking qpid installation sanity
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 13:54:04 GMT
GS.Chandra N wrote:
>> Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com> wrote:
>> To play safe I'd suggest using a consistent version of all components, i.e.
> all via yum or all built from source. That may be excessively paranoid on my
> part
>
> Thanks Alan. I shall definitely try this.
>
> ps : Just being curious, does AMQP have any handshake upon initiating
> conversation for the version info and such things?

Yes it does. If memory serves the broker indicates what protocols it supports
and the client picks the one it likes. Currently a given version of Qpid broker
or client only supports a single AMQP protocol version, but at some point we
will probably support multiple AMQP versions.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org