qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: About footprint size
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 13:28:54 GMT
chenta wrote:
> Hi,
> I am curious about the footprint size of C++ client and broker. I can not
> find the related info from the documents.
> After I calculate the total object size of qpid/src/clinet and broker, the
> total size is about 21 MB and 40 MB. Is it the right way/answer for this
> question?
>
> B.R.
> Chenta

For the broker, the memory footprint is determined more by your queue
depth. The max size for the
broker can be managed by using an external store and the flow-to-disk
policies capping the max bytes
allowed per queue, or size of messages before flowing the data to disk.

So the short answer is, depends on how you wish to manage queue depth.

Client will always be small, unless you increase the amount the client
may buffer, by increasing the bound-multipler
property. This controls how many frames the client may buffer before
blocking the client user thread.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org