qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Replication of message
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 13:24:32 GMT
GS.Chandra N wrote:
>> Sure, let talk about terminology. In AMQP there is an exchange and a queue
>>

> Carl, how come the amqp1.0 draft and the transport.pdf does not talk about
> the concept of exchanges. I just did a search again and saw nothing
> mentioned. Where can i get moer information.

very good question..

In AMQP 1.0, what we have as an exchange and a queue are being placed
into a single concept. This makes
this like JMS topics a bit easier to deal with in the broker. In AMQP
1.0 you can think of an existing exchange
as a AMQP 1.0 queue with 0 length and a queue in AMQP 1.0 as a 0-10
queue with a server side selector attched.

So the mapping to 1.0 from a model stand point will be quite natural.
One of the features that have today in the C++ broker,
the IVE (Initial Value Exchange) which is basically a AMQP 1.0 queue
construct with a queue depth policy of 1.

hope that helps
Carl.