qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Replication of message
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 18:06:39 GMT
GS.Chandra N wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> this can be done but using non-destructive consumers.
>>

> Cant subscriptions be created between multiple private queues -> public
> queue that contain the messages everyone is interested in to create the same
> effect? Or would that be too much of a load ?
>
> I'm yet to start with the actual client api but the 1.0 draft design left me
> with this impression.
>
> On the same topic, how do message subscription get handled in a federated
> environment.
>
> Would clients connected anywhere in  the federated tree receieve messages
> irrespect of where they originate ?
> How do brokers in the federated tree come to know about subscriptions
> created elsewhere in the heirarchy? Is this supported?

Sure, let talk about terminology. In AMQP there is an exchange and a
queue. This of the exchange
as the router, which can be named for example. So to do the above you
would declare a fanout exchange
and then publish to that. every consumer would create a tmp queue and
bind it to the exchange and would
get all the messages sent to that named destination.

Carl.