qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Replication of message
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:53:09 GMT
chenta wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to Qpid and I have a simple question.
> Is it possible that there are more the one consumers subscribe to the same
> queue but all receive the same message like broadcasting? or I have to use
> pub-sub/fanout to do that? However, if I use fanout to do the "broadcast",
> it means that every consumer have to own a unique queue, am I correct?
>
> Thanks,
> Chenta

this can be done but using non-destructive consumers. The messages can
then be discarded via a
variety of mechnism. Using the C++ broker the following options exist.
- Using TTL to age and destroy the messages.
- Size limiting the queue for discarding old messages via a size policy
like ring.
- etc
On the Java broker,
TTL would be the way to go.

And ten of cause you can create an autodelete queue for each consumer.
not really any cost
in doing this also, allow destructive consumers.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org