qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Gazzarini <a.gazzar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Measuring message rates
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:22:58 GMT
Hi,
You could also monitor an instance property or statistics using QMan.

In fact, QMan is exposing the broker management domain as a set of MBeans.
Each time an MBean instance (i,e, a connection, a queue, etc...) is created
a notification is sent to registered listeners.
So:
- You can register your listener in order to be notified when an instance of
(for example) connection is created;
- After that you can install a JMX monitor (string, gauge, counter monitor)
in order to watch an attribute of that instance; The monitor will notify you
when the value changes according to monitor rules.
- If the default monitors shipped with JMX standard API is not enough you
can write a new one.

Let me know if I can help you in some way

Regards,
Andrea