qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adam Chase <adam.cha...@gmail.com>
Subject LVQ message deletion
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:41:37 GMT
I need to keep track of some latest values for a lot of things.  I
want to read them and have them still be there after the fact.  I want
them to delete eventually.

>From what I've read I think I want the no-browse option for LVQs (so
the messages aren't deleted after I've read them, and can still be
updated).
Then so they're eventually deleted, I can 1) put an expiration on each
message which will result in that value getting deleted or 2) set the
LVQ to have a RING which will keep the number of unique LVQ values to
a fixed size.

Is that correct?  Also there's no reason that LVQs can't be on a
clustered server, right?

Thanks,

Adam

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org