qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adam Chase <adam.cha...@gmail.com>
Subject different release behavior in M4 CPP?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:37:26 GMT
The way I am implementing failback using qpid is to release a message
when I detect that the other consumer is available again via a
message.

When I release the message, the other consumer isn't getting it.

If I add some credit to myself I get it again and then the next time
the other consumer gets it.  If I kill the first consumer, the second
gets the message immediately.

Is this a bug or intentional?  Is there a workaround?

I have attached some code.

The idea is to publish 1 message to a queue and 2 consumers.  The
second consumer should get it once the first releases it.

If I should be doing this another way, please let me know.

Thanks,

Adam