qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adam Chase <adam.cha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FailoverManager
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:47:20 GMT
So I am basically re-acquiring the messages I had and remapping the
set of messageIds (which can be different when you reconnect).
It seems that TransportFailure exceptions in the listener thread at
least can come in any Qpid API call, not just the ones you'd expect
(getting exceptions in my received method all I'm doing is getting
messageIds and header values).  This makes programming these parts a
little more challenging from a transactional perspective.  I suppose
if I get all my message data up front without exception, I can treat
it as acquired, otherwise I'll get it again after the failover.

Adam

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org