qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adam Chase <adam.cha...@gmail.com>
Subject FailoverManager
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:19:08 GMT
First thank you for all the help you've been giving me, its been
extremely useful.

My question now is about the FailoverManager.

>From what I can read, it essentially associates each command with a
session and then if that fails, reconnects you to the failover server
and lets you continue the work.

But it looks like you must resubscribe to any queues that you had
subscribed to before the failover.

If you are using synchronous sessions, is there much benefit to using
the FailoverManager?  If I register a failureCallback on my
connection, could I handle the disconnect event without getting any
exceptions  elsewhere in my program?

Also I am using manual acknowledgment.  When I failover, I must
reacquire all the messages that I had acquired previously, before
acknowledging them, right?  Also, will the messageIds I get when I
reacquire necessarily be the same as the ones I got on the first
acquiring?

Thanks,

Adam

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org