qpid-users mailing list archives

From ffrenchm <ffrench.mathi...@gmail.com>
Subject QPid JMS client configuration
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:43:02 GMT

Hello,

some new questions for you guys :) For my bench I want to send message with
different size. I'm currently testing the send of 262144 bytes messages.
Unfortunately I get this error :

org.apache.qpid.transport.SessionException: timed out waiting for completion
	at org.apache.qpid.transport.Session.invoke(Session.java:543)
	at
org.apache.qpid.transport.SessionInvoker.messageTransfer(SessionInvoker.java:96)
	at
org.apache.qpid.client.BasicMessageProducer_0_10.sendMessage(BasicMessageProducer_0_10.java:160)
	at
org.apache.qpid.client.BasicMessageProducer.sendImpl(BasicMessageProducer.java:465)
	at
org.apache.qpid.client.BasicMessageProducer.sendImpl(BasicMessageProducer.java:420)
	at
org.apache.qpid.client.BasicMessageProducer.send(BasicMessageProducer.java:258)
	at Bench.JMSBench.jms_publisher(JMSBench.java:79)
	at Bench.runBench$2.run(runBench.java:87)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I saw there are some configuration to tune my JMS client
(org.apache.qpid.client.configuration.ClientProperties.java) and
particularly this one : IDLE_TIMEOUT_PROP_NAME. I think I can tune this
through the JVM parameters (-Didle_timeout= ... ) but I would like to be
sure it's the good one to tune and what could be the good value to avoid
this error (I do not know the default).

Another parameter I saw is the  READ_BUFFER_LIMIT_DEFAULT &
WRITE_BUFFER_LIMIT_DEFAULT hardly defined to 262144 and which could be
change (I guess) thanks JVM option qpid.read.buffer.limit. In my bench I
want to send messages of 4194304 bytes do you think I should change this
parameter to 4194304 to get best performances ?

Thanks for all...