qpid-users mailing list archives

From ffrenchm <ffrench.mathi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QPID C++ Broker + persistent store
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:08:04 GMT

Gordon Sim wrote:

> ffrenchm wrote:
>> Hello again,
>>
>> I'm currently using successfully QPid C++ Broker and BDB as message
>> store. I
>> checkouted the qpid BDB module here :
>> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/rhmessaging/store/trunk/cpp/
>>
>> I've two questions :
>>
>> 1) I would like to know how I can disable the debug trace when I use the
>> BDB
>> persisent store in QPid (I've to much traces like bellow and it's realy
>> not
>> good for my benchmarks) :
>
> Thats caused by a qpidd option and isn't directly related to the store.
> Are you specifying --trace (or -t) to qpidd? If not check whats in your
> environment or the default config file (qpidd --help should show the
> location of that).

Ooops, you're right I was specifying -t option to qpidd :)

Gordon Sim wrote:

>> 2) When I want to get the help of the BDB module I get this :
>>

> [...]
>
>> Where are the options to have synchronous / asynchronous IO ?
>
> That option is no longer supported. The store will always use
> asynchronous IO for recording the enqueue/dequeue of messages (bdb is
> really only used to record exchanges, bindings and other config).

Well, I do not understand why the synchronous IO mode is no longer
supported. My experiences of queueing tell me that if you want really safe
message store you need synchronous IO on message PUT. But maybe did I miss
some new things which make this feature deprecated ?