qpid-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Kramer <j...@globalherald.net>
Subject Best Practice for Transient Sessions?
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:05:00 GMT

Hello,

Is there a best practice for handling transient sessions - where server
and local queues are created, publish and consume one message, then
destroyed?

I'm thinking of a case where I service web pages.  If I keep the same
queues alive between transactions, then it is concievable that one persons
web page could display data from the previous transaction - if that
transaction is canceled before it receives a response, then the subsequent
transaction will receive an invalid response.  If I key the transactions,
I can reject invalid transactions.

Thoughts?

I'm looking into the capabilities of my web framework (Django) to handle
persistent objects.

Thanks,
-Josh

--