qpid-users mailing list archives

From spaace <spa...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: qpid broker on windows
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:54:29 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Qpid and have been following the threads and reading up on the
docs for some time. I'm trying to decide on the brokers to be used for a
private project and have this doubt.

Why are multiple brokers that bring with them additional compatibility
requirements being developed by QPID ? Is it for enhancing the reach to
other platforms that only a particular technology might support (JMS etc) or
is this a corporate missive from Redhat or some one else?

Where can i find the information regarding ways in which the brokers differ
from one another ?

Regards
Arun

-----Original Message-----
From: Marnie McCormack [mailto:    ]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:02 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: qpid broker on windows

See what you mean, thanks.

The Qpid roadmap shows 0-10 implementation on the Java broker as one of our
next big ticket deliveries. This would mean that the C++ client could again
interop with the Java broker.

On the C# front, we are discussing on the dev list the strategic solution
going forward, but again 0-10 implementation on the Java broker will put the
choice of .Net client in the user's hands.

Appreciate this doesn't help now, but just for info !

Regards,
Marnie

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 6:41 AM, falconair <shahbazc@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some components of my system need to interact with the broker through
> C# (and soon C++).  That is the main motivation behind using qpid,
> rather than other jms providers.
>

> Marnie McCormack wrote:
> >
> > The Java broker works with the M4 Java Client and the M4 0-8 .Net
client.
> > It
> > does not yet support 0-10 features, but if you're using JMS that's
> > probably
> > not a major issue.
> >
> > Marnie
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Carl Trieloff
> > <cctrieloff@redhat.com>wrote:
> >

> >> you are correct, the Java broker is not up to 0-10 yet.
> >> Carl.

> works

> either
it