qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Cliff Jansen (Interop Systems Inc)" <v-clj...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: qpid broker on windows
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 20:02:48 GMT
Joshua Kramer wrote:
> Has anyone run tests on the Windows broker binary I created last week?

Hi Josh,

Thank you very much for the pre-built binaries.  A version that
differs from yours only slightly (boost 1.35 versus your 1.36) has
been run through the full python broker tests (from a Linux box).  To
date, there is only one outstanding bug that is specific to the Windows
C++ broker (qpid-1550).

For those evaluating which AMQP implementation to use, it should be
noted that the Windows C++ port is new to M4.  While Steve Huston has
done the most difficult part of the porting work, there remains a lot
of less glamorous work to provide additional Windows features and give
the overall experience the same native feel and polish as on Linux.

Qpid C++ features that are not yet available on Windows include

  - a persistence plugin
  - SSL support
  - clustering support
  - DLL support (in progress thanks to Danushka Menikkumbura, WSO2)
  - cross platform unified build
  - push button "make check"
  - Visual Studio friendly client samples

I and my colleagues are working on the last 3 right now.  While that
work is obviously for M5, I will try to backport Windows specific
fixes (qpid-1550) or samples as they become available.  I am also
working on a 64 bit M4 broker for download.

Cliff