qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid broker on windows
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:47:13 GMT

The specification defines durability, transactions, etc. the 0-10
specification also defines
the fail-over handlers etc, for client interop which is used to in our
Active-Active cluster
implementation.

What implementation is provided for these abilities in the spec is up to
the implementer. so the list below
is covered by capabilities of the specification.

The spec then also provides mechanisms for extensions and in this area
we provide
a few like XMLExchange for XQuery routing. and a few additional queue
types like LVQ, RING
etc.

These can be used or ignored.

In terms of how helps develop Qpid, google some of the names on the
people page... you
may change your view :-)
Carl.

spaace wrote:
>> durable message support, transactions, ...
>>

> Thanks for the reply Carl.
>
> Are these features part of the AMQP standards or are these extensions that
> QPID has defined? I thought storage and forward was part of AMQP standards.
> Searching the archives showed me some broken test cases being reported. If
> someone has that full list it would be really helpful in making a final
> decision
>
> I was basically looking at OpenAMQ  based on the info i saw on the net that
> the initial implementation of AMQP was driven by these guys and that
> JPMorgan had their first LIVE implementation running on it. Seeing how
> JPMorgan drove the initial investigation i was partial towards OpenAMQ.
>
> However i have to admit, the qpid client with OpenAMQ broker incompatibility
> possibilities does have me spooked. Is this combination even conceivable ?
> If it is not we might as well not even test the inter-broker cases and
> proceed with client and broker from the same family after evaluating basic
> feature support.
>
> Rgds
> Arun
>
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com>wrote:
>

>> Arun,
>>
>> I quick look at the download page will show what is compat with what
>> http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
>>
>> In terms of which way to go, obviously I would recommend a Qpid broker...
>> ok, seriously,
>> both the Qpid broker are more feature rich that OpenAMQ. For example they
>> don't have things
>> like durable message support, transactions, ...
>>
>> In terms of Java, versus C++,
>>
>> C++ is on the latest spec and fast + low latency, client side JMS
>> selectors, Federation, clustering, QMF, QMan etc.
>> Java has server side selectors for JMS, and runs on more platforms, ok I am
>> not the best to list here... but someone
>> on the list will...
>>
>> and then of course we are friendlier ... :-) lol
>> Carl.
>>

>> spaace wrote:
>>

>>> Hello Marnie,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the quick reply. I'm basically trying to evaluate different
>>> broker implementations for my project, having decided on AMQP for its open
>>> standard. I have decided on QPID as my client and is currently evaluating
>>> the QPID Java / C++ broker and the OpenAMQ broker for the server side.
>>>
>>> However i 'm not sure what the differences are, especially wrt the "other"
>>> features like broker-to-broker connectivity, security, request and
>>> subscribtion forwarding between brokers and similar features, beyond the
>>> basic send-and-recieve. Personally conducting the entire feature testing
>>> seemed a bit daunting and hence my query.
>>>
>>> The java feature list would be really helpful in this regard. Thank you.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Arun

Java broker

Java Broker