qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Best Practice for Transient Sessions?
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:53:30 GMT
Joshua Kramer wrote:

>> Remember to delete the queue when you're done with it, or queues will
>> accumulate on the server.
>
> In python - is it enough to call the close() method of the queue
> object, or is there also some sort of destroy() method?
qpid.session.Session.queueDelete() is your friend. I will be posting
API docs for Python on the Qpid site today or tomorrow, but here's
the method you are looking for.

Jonathan

delete a queue

This command deletes a queue. When a queue is deleted any pending
messages are sent to the alternate-exchange if defined, or discarded
if it is not.

queue

  Specifies the name of the queue to delete.

if_unused -- delete only if unused

  If set, the server will only delete the queue if it has no
  consumers. If the queue has consumers the server does does not
  delete it but raises an exception instead.

if_empty -- delete only if empty

  If set, the server will only delete the queue if it has no
  messages.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org