qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adam Chase <adam.cha...@gmail.com>
Subject cpp broker: subscriptionManager subscribe/unsubscribe/subscribe issue
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 05:05:46 GMT
Maybe you already know about this, but when I subscribe, then
unsubscribe and then resubscribe the same queue from a
subscriptionManager, I get:  Queue already exists for SLOT.

I'm not suicidal.  I'm trying to have my consumers fail-over and then fail-back.

I have 2 consumers and I want either of them to handle both
consumption queues if the other crashes.

I have a queue with queueNames in it.  I'm getting messages with those
queueNames, manual accept and not accepting them, subscribing to the
queueName from the queue and processing those messages.  When I crash,
the queueName I was using becomes available to the other consumer and
it subscribes to it.  When the other queue comes back and announces
itself via another message, I fail back by canceling my secondary
subscription once I'm done with any outstanding messages and releasing
the message I was holding for that group.  The other consumer picks up
here.  But when a consumer has to pick up the slack once again, I get
this error.

Let me know if you have any insight.

Adam

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org