qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robert Greig <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: use of JMS or AMQP style clients ??
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 21:01:53 GMT
2009/1/30 Jeffrey Bride <jbride@redhat.com>:

>  I have the liberty of deciding whether to use a JMS or AMQP flavored
> (via org.apache.qpid.transport.Session) approach in my producers and
> consumers and I'm wondering whether experts on this list might have a
> bias between the two ?  In particular, I've been using the examples
> included in :

This question has been debated on the list in the past. My own
(strong) opinion is that JMS is the better choice for nearly all use
cases.

JMS is widely understood by developers, and is not subject to change
as the AMQP specification evolves. For example AMQP 1.0 will be, as I
understand it, different from 0-10 and you should not have to change
clients based on the protocol version.

AMQP is a wire level protocol, and JMS is an API standard. In your
applications I believe you should adopt API standards where possible
and appropriate.

RG

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org