qpid-users mailing list archives

From falconair <shahb...@gmail.com>
Subject qpid broker on windows
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2009 00:59:11 GMT

Another poster asked for a pre-built windows binary of qpid broker.  I'd like
to encourage the devs to provide it as well.

Since qpid is still not very well known, I suspect it is the
down-in-the-trenches developers who are introducing qpid to their companies.
Almost every place I have worked, developer workstations are windows based.
In other words, devs are unlikely to experiment with qpid if they have to
track down a fairly large number of dependencies and compile from source.
The problem is worse in distributed environments where one dev either has to
distributed his own qpid exe or convince other devs to build it from
scratch.

I think this problem will be mitigated by amqp 0-10 java broker, but until
then, pre-built binaries will be very useful.