qpid-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Kramer <j...@globalherald.net>
Subject Session Disconnects in Python - how to resolve
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:27:54 GMT

Hello,

If I do something 'funny' (defined below), the qpidd disconnects the
session.  What is the best way to handle this - is there a session
reconnect method, or do I create a new session?  Are the qpidd and Python
objects gracefully destroyed if I create a new session?

Definition of 'funny':

I am writing a server daemon in Python.  The daemon may be run a first
time, which means it needs to create a local queue on which to listen, and
then create a server queue to which the local queue can be subscribed.
The daemon may also be run again (on the same or a different
machine to provide additional threads servicing requests), in which case
it needs to create a local queue and subscribe to the server queue.

I am doing it in the manner:  I first create a local queue and subscribe
it to a server queue.  If I get a qpid.session.SessionException, the
server queue must not exist... so I then create the server queue, create
the local queue, and subscribe it to the server queue.

I did not account for the fact that the qpidd server disconnects the
session when it can't find the server queue.

Thanks,
-Josh

--

-----