qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Dmitriy Kargapolov" <dmitriy.kargapo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: M4 beta c++ compilation error
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 04:30:33 GMT
Recently I've made one more try to build Qpid. Used GCC 4.1.2, Boost
1.35. Both built from src.
I did manage to avoid Qpid compilation errors _only_ by removing
"-pedantic" flag from compiler flags (in configure.ac). Binary qpidd
made this way crashdumped at start somewhere in
boost::program_options::options_description::add ()...

I have RHEL3/4 (not sure - multiple updates were made to this server
through its life), so I have to build GCC/Boost from sources if I need
upgrade. It would be worth to know which compiler version and boost
version developers use to build Qpid. Details including GCC spec would
be highly appreciated.
I'm not sure what caused this sort of problems - boost specifics like
using template techniques highly sensitive to compiler standard
conformance and other features, or qpid code specifics, but there
should be way to solve this...