qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C# client for 0-10?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 20:08:51 GMT

> Is the strategy to use nant as the main build system or VS project
> files and msbuild.exe?
>
> I have fixed the VS project files and can check them in obviously, but
> I first wanted to check if they are not being maintained since it may
> make more sense to delete them.
>
> The code also will not build on .NET 1.1 (it uses generics for a
> start) so I think the instructions and bat files need to be modified
> to reflect that.
>
> Incidentally, with nant or the fixed project files it builds on both
> 2.0 and 3.5.

Rob,

I don't believe msbuild can be run on mono, so I think we are stuck with
at least nant. This means
maintaining two sets of project files.

I have no objections to them being checked in. However we might want to
create a starter JIRA
fro someone to auto generate the vs project files -- or at least see if
that is possible.

Carl.