qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Godfrey" <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Needs for qpid C++ projects for Windows Visual Studio 2005?
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:02:06 GMT

> 2) For M4 we should look to produce binaries for different platforms I
> think. I think ideally we should deliver 32 and 64 bit linux binaries
> and windows 32 and 64 bit binaries. Does anyone have any views on
> this, and specifically how we could coordinate it?

I meant to post on this topic previously.  I think it would be
tremendously helpful if the M4 release included Windows binaries -
especially since people in the windows end-user community are
generally (I think) more used to working with pre-built binaries than
performing builds themselves.  I am less convinced on the need to
provide linux binaries, although if people are willing to produce them
that would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Rob