qpid-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Kramer <j...@globalherald.net>
Subject Re: From Sam Ramji's blog - MSFT to participate in Qpid
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:49:19 GMT

I wonder if Microsoft will develop their own AMQP server as a result of
this?

I'm discussing AMQP with management at my 'day job' but the lack of
commercial support (at prices less than or comparable to Websphere MQ) is
a deal killer... and as we don't use RedHat there, I don't think that
purchasing the whole MRG package just to get qpid is in the cards.  But we
are a Microsoft shop, so if Microsoft offered a supported product, they
may bite there....

Cheers,
-Josh

--