qpid-users mailing list archives

From gregory james marsh <mars...@cse.ohio-state.edu>
Subject Re: AMQP Paper, using Qpid
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:30:29 GMT

Carl,

Thank you very much for the comments on our AMQP-Qpid paper and
suggestions for future work.  Hari (the first author) will be presenting
the paper in Austin this Sunday at the Workshop for High Performance
Computational Finance (WHPCF), which is part of the SC '08 Conference.

http://research.ihost.com/whpcf/

The paper is also available on our lab's main web site:

http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/publications/conf-papers/2008/subramon-whpcf08.pdf

Furthermore, we've posted a university-registered technical report of the
paper that includes a few more performance charts than the WHPCF page
limit would allow:

http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/publications/tech-reports/2008/subramon-whpcf08-tr.pdf

Using the code in the dev trunk, we've informally tested our benchmarks
with Qpid's new RDMA support.  The results were favorable and we look
forward to doing more formal testing with the upcoming M4 release.

I'm planning to continue research in the AMQP area and am looking toward
broker federation in the near term.  Will be reading over the federation
material recently posted by Ted Ross on the Qpid site.

Regards,

Greg