qpid-users mailing list archives

From "mark yoffe" <mark.yo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error while using AsyncSession
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:27:21 GMT
 On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> mark yoffe wrote:
>
>> one of the programs crashes with the following messages and qpid broker
>> stops working
>>
>>  qpid/client/Bounds.cpp:51: void qpid::client::Bounds::reduce(size_t):
>> Assertion `lock.hasWaiters() == 1' failed.
>> Aborted
>>
>> Has anyone encountered this problem ?
>>

> Not as yet. However looking at the code, if you have more than one thread
> using the connection that assertion could well be invalid.
>
> The subsequent notify needs to be a notifyAll as well. I'm going to make
> that change unless anyone objects (I'll try and come up with a simple test
> case that reproduces this as well).

Hi

My first impression was that multiple threads using the connection to send
was the cause of the problem ,

however i have tested using a single thread and cannot explain why but the
problem continues (not as frequentlly but...)

(maybe there are multiple threads which use the connection behind the scene)