qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: First try using the python client
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:18:24 GMT
Patrik Berglund wrote:
> I've set the reject option on the queue that we use and as a test
> the 'qpid.max_count' to 10. The sender has set the immediate flag
> and discard unroutable to false on the message.
> The result is that if the sender transfer 20 message as fast as it can,
> the receiver gets 10 message with the correct content and 10 message
> with a body size of zero.
>
> Anyone got a suggestion what I do wrong?

On M3 the policy type has no effect and if the queue is declared durable
then messages that exceed the limit are freed from memory and written to
disk.

Unfortunately if you do not have a persistence module plugged in, the
data is then lost. This is fixed on trunk for M4.

Is your queue declared durable? If so either don't declare it as
durable, or ensure you have a persistence module loaded[1]. Or use the
M4 beta[2].

[1] e.g. for the M3 broker,
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/rhmessaging/store/branches/mrg-1.0/cpp

[2] http://people.apache.org/~rhs/qpid-incubating-M4-beta/