qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject From Sam Ramji's blog - MSFT to participate in Qpid
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 18:16:17 GMT

I listened to the live broadcast from ApacheCon, not being able to be
there... I have just picked this up from Sam's talk & blog

"Microsoft also recently joined the AMQP Working Group as a participant,
with the goal of contributing towards the development of the
specification and to enable greater customer choice in the marketplace.

At the request of community members, we have now  committed to
participate in the Apache Qpid project, a widely adopted open source
implementation of the AMQP specification that addresses the customer
need for choice and improved messaging interoperability.

Our customers are telling us that they would like to see the Apache Qpid
project extended to interoperate with Windows, so the next few months of
participation will be focused on understanding the community's effort to
build Windows based AMQP software."

http://port25.technet.com/archive/2008/11/06/apachecon-keynote.aspx