qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C# client for 0-10?
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:20:45 GMT
2008/11/27 Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com>:

> The build works on both mono and native. I expect that all that is needed is
> are minor
> updated to have it build on 2.0 and 3.5. I had assumed build on 2.0 and then
> run on anything.

I just tried it and it did not work for me. The readme says that you
can build using the Visual Studio solution files, or with nant, and
the build-dotnet20 script uses msbuild rather than nant. The VS
project files do not contain all the necessary files or references to
dependent assemblies (e.g. log4net).

Is the strategy to use nant as the main build system or VS project
files and msbuild.exe?

I have fixed the VS project files and can check them in obviously, but
I first wanted to check if they are not being maintained since it may
make more sense to delete them.

The code also will not build on .NET 1.1 (it uses generics for a
start) so I think the instructions and bat files need to be modified
to reflect that.

Incidentally, with nant or the fixed project files it builds on both
2.0 and 3.5.

RG