qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Needs for qpid C++ projects for Windows Visual Studio 2005?
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:55:59 GMT
2008/11/19 Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com>:

> I meant to post on this topic previously.  I think it would be
> tremendously helpful if the M4 release included Windows binaries -
> especially since people in the windows end-user community are
> generally (I think) more used to working with pre-built binaries than
> performing builds themselves.

Yes, it was Windows I was particularly keen to ensure we included.

> I am less convinced on the need to
> provide linux binaries, although if people are willing to produce them
> that would be fantastic.

I suppose it depends how easy it is to build. If people have to mess
about downloading stuff that isn't generally part of a standard distro
then it would be better I think to provide a binary. I haven't built
it for a while on linux so I'll leave it to others to judge whether
that is a concern now (I know it certainly used to be!). NB standard
distro here means widely used versions, not fedora core 350 pre-alpha.

RG