qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Needs for qpid C++ projects for Windows Visual Studio 2005?
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:09:28 GMT
2008/11/18 Steve Huston <shuston@riverace.com>:
> I've been working on the Windows port of qpid C++ and have been
> working with Visual Studio 2005 (VC8) project files. The sponsors of
> my work, however, are using Visual Studio 2008 (VC9) and I'm planning
> to replace the current VC8-format project/solution files with
> VC9-format files before the final M4 release.
>
> Does this present a significant hardship to anyone wishing to use Qpid
> C++ on Windows?

No problem for me; I think this is fine and if anyone wants or needs
to resurrent project files for earlier versions they can obviously do
so (and maintain them). I think that the express edition of VS 2008 is
free and will build Qpid on Windows?

On a tangent, I plan on looking more closely at the windows build
soon. For our release artefacts:

1) do you have anything in mind for production of MSMs and MSIs Steve?
I was going to look at creating one with WiX which I have used
successfully in the past.

2) For M4 we should look to produce binaries for different platforms I
think. I think ideally we should deliver 32 and 64 bit linux binaries
and windows 32 and 64 bit binaries. Does anyone have any views on
this, and specifically how we could coordinate it?

Thanks,
Robert