qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: From Sam Ramji's blog - MSFT to participate in Qpid
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 20:56:33 GMT
2008/11/7 Anandeep Pannu <apannu@microsoft.com>:

> Thanks Carl for pointing to my blog, saves me the trouble of tooting my own trumpet on
the list! :-)

Welcome to the qpid community. As someone who was one of the original
qpid contributors, and who now works for a major enteprise Microsoft
customer, I am personally very pleased to see Microsoft getting
involved in the qpid project.

I am interested to understand if MS has any firm plans about areas
where they see Qpid could be integrated with standard Windows
components. I can see, for example, a huge opportunity to transform
the web by integrating an AMQP client such as qpid into Internet
Explorer, with appropriate javascript/vbscript bindings. We currently
have various suboptimal approaches to pub/sub within browsers and AMQP
could help solve that problem.

RG