qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java M3 Qpid broker memory consumption
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 20:49:16 GMT
2008/11/4 Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com>:

>> Can someone from the C++ side indicate whether the C++ broker does
>> this? If not I shall raise enhancement requests for both brokers.
>
> The c++ broker allows a hard limit to be set for a queue or a system wide
> default.

What actions can you configure when the limit is hit? It occurs to me
that there are two main cases:

1) "regular" queue - in this case you want to limit the publisher

2) private temporary queue bound to a topic exchange (or indeed other
exchange types) - in this case you probably want to kill the slow
consumer

Thoughts?

RG