qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java M3 Qpid broker memory consumption
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2008 16:16:35 GMT
2008/11/1 Keith Chow <keith.chow@xml-asia.org>:

> With broker running close to heap limit, jconsole showed none of the queues
> has any message built up. So we were wondering what could be referencing
> these uncollectable objects in memory. Profiling the broker is the next item
> on our checklist. Has anyone experience similar issue with the java broker?

Are you using transactional sessions or auto ack?

One thing that would be useful to help debug this would be to run jmap
on the process to extract a histogram of the classes, e.g.

jmap -histo <pid of broker>

jmap is provided as part of the JDK. This is quicker and simpler than
full profiling. If you can send the output to this mailing list, I am
sure someone will be able to offer some insight.

If that doesn't help, you can use jmap -dump:format=b to extract a
heap dump then the mat tool (http://www.eclipse.org/mat/) is an
excellent free tool that is particularly good for tracking down
potential leaks.

Thanks,
Robert